There are a few days left till St. Patrick’s Day, that special celebration that turns the water green, and sees the streets of so many premier US destination covered in clovers. It is one of the most popular Spring celebrations in the US after Mardi Gras – and it is pretty similar in terms of public involvement and organization. Most cities close their main street to traffic, to witness a typical Irish parade, with people wearing green, signing Irish tunes, dancing like Michael Flatley.
As any other popular event, St. Patrick’s is an occasion for marketers to target audiences. Many of them offer gifts and lure signups with freebies, giveaways and sweeps. For the consumer, this is an occasion to save money on various St. Patrick’s Day items, to spend more on entertainment and drinks.
Here are a few of the most popular St.Patrick’s Day campaigns on Facebook:
- Bromberg offers a $250 gift certificate that can be used to purchase any jewelry or giftware in its stores.
- Brook Taverner is offering you a chance to win 1 of 12 pure silk lime ties to stay classy on this traditional holiday.
- Magnuson Hotels offers not one, but four free rooms, each in a different city. Winners get free two-nights stay for St. Patrick’s Day weekend, in South Bend (IN), Marion (OH), Warren (OH) or North Richland Hills (TX). North Richland Hills particularly is of great interest – as it is a short driving distance to Dallas, where you can see one of the top St.Patrick’s Day parades in the US.
- Solvang Bakery offers two dozen delicious handmade shamrock cookies and will ship them to any address in the United States to ensure that you celebrate St. Patrick’s day in style.
- The Pint opens St. Patrick’s Day in Gastown and offers you the chance to be the first customer through the doors. Score a $100 bar tab, 9am entrance for you and 3 friends and enjoy the first drink ever poured at The Pint.
- Taylor Morrison West Florida invites you to enter their St. Pat’s sweeps and you could take home one of two $100 American Express® Gift Cards.
- You can also win 1 of 3 pairs of St Patrick’s Day Parade Grandstand tickets and Luas All Zone Adult Day Passes valid for March 17th. Competition open from Monday March 12th to Wednesday March 14th 2012.
- Red Lion Hotels have an ongoing St. Patrick’s Day photo contest, offering the winner 10,000 Red Lion R&R Club Points. That is enough for a free night stay at any participating Red Lion Hotel.
What about you? Do you know of any other sweeps and giveaways that could be of interest to our readers?